The Royce at The Langham Announces New Menu and Saturday Wine Tasting Classes
Chef David Féau’s new spring menu reflects fresh, seasonal products
PASADENA, Calif. – May 18, 2011 – Chef David Féau has developed a completely new menu at The Royce showcasing the bountiful seasonal produce of spring such as morel mushrooms, white and green asparagus, guinea eggs and fresh berries. Although The Royce’s menu changes almost daily, this latest version of the menu is completely new featuring the freshest ingredients from local farmers.
Some new menu items include:
• Chanterelle / Amaebi – chanterelle mushroom soup, santa barbara prawn medallions, sweet calamari, green mustard, asparagus tip
• Lobster / Celery – lobster agnolotti, celery coconut emulsion, upland cress
• Turbot / Ramp – turbot fillet plancha, fins-ramps-ham “cotto” “ragoutté,” charred leeks, fava beans
• Morel / Guinea Egg – Oregon morel mushroom á la crème, soft boiled guinea egg, upland cress-coffee
• Swiss Chard / Spring Lamb – roasted agneau de lait, purple chard-blackberry, hot crème fraiche scented chocolate mint lamb jus
• Poulet Vapeur / Lemongrass – scented whole steamed jidory chicken, mustard jus, corn beans squash, sweet-spicy brulée
• Fraise Des Bois / Fraise Blanche – egg white steamed floating island, strawberry-pineapple-sage consommé “frâppé”
Chef Féau visits farmers’ markets weekly and the produce and ingredients he finds there are the true inspiration behind his menu. He also enjoys surprising his VIP Chef’s Table guests with dishes and ingredients that are so new they’re not even on the menu, such as superb soft-shelled crab he may have found that day at one of the markets. His lighter California fare is prepared with classic influences and refined French technique, emphasizing seasonal produce and the best quality sustainable products from around the world.
Wine Tasting Classes
Beginning in June, The Royce will offer wine tasting classes on Saturday afternoons with Director of Wine Eric Espuny. Classes will be available for groups of 4 – 8 people and will be conducted in the exclusive Red Wine Room. Perfect for both the novice wine drinker and seasoned wine aficionados, Mr. Espuny will customize a tasting to your group’s preference and enjoyment.
• Classes are 1 ½ hours on Saturday afternoons
• Guests will learn about and taste the best seasonal wines or focus on particular regions/varietals
• Mr. Espuny can provide tips for ordering and buying wine
• Great for friends, wedding parties, couples or corporate groups
• Prices start at $65 per person (depending upon wine selection) and include a takeaway gift
• Reservations are required in advance. Please dial (626) 585-6410 to make a reservation
The Royce is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday with seating beginning at 6:00 p.m. The unique space features two wine rooms, a glass enclosed veranda and an exclusive chef’s table seating eight. For additional information or to make a reservation, dial (626) 585-6410 or visit www.roycela.com. Fans can follow The Royce on Facebook and Twitter. The Royce is located at 1401 S. Oak Knoll Ave., Pasadena, CA 91106.
About The Langham Huntington, Pasadena
Capturing the grace and elegance of classic Southern California, The Langham Huntington is an iconic landmark hotel located at the base of the picturesque San Gabriel Mountains, just minutes from downtown Los Angeles in beautiful Pasadena. A renowned Pasadena hotel since 1907, the property features 380 guestrooms including 38 suites, eight cottages, award-winning dining and a luxurious spa featuring treatments based upon Traditional Chinese Medicine. For more information, visit http://pasadena.langhamhotels.com.