• The hotel will use organic produce and free range chicken/eggs/meats. Our culinary team is able to offer vegetarian, gluten free, and/or other special dietary options.
• Produce will be in season and sourced from local vendors. This minimizes transportation costs and air quality issues.
• The hotel will donate all leftover “un-served” food to Union Station Homeless Services, a local shelter and work assistance program. This is our normal charity for food donations.
• Unusable leftover food will be composted.
• Condiments, beverages and other food items will be provided in bulk instead of individually packaged.
• Food and beverage packaging provided will be recyclable.
• As a part of our bottle-less water program, all water pitchers will be filled with purified water from a state-of-the-art filtration system ensuring the best quality water without plastic bottle consumption.
Laundry / Housekeeping
• Linen re-use program for bed linen and bath towels. Automatic “Opt-In” program for all guests as a part of The Langham Hospitality Group’s “Guests of the Earth” program.
• Soap recycling program donates unused soap to “Clean the World” organization.
• All of our unusable linen is donated to local charities for re-use or rags.
• Meeting room air conditioning will be turned on one hour prior to the event and turned off one hour after the event. The temperature will be set to 72 degrees and we will utilize fresh air as much as possible depending on outside temperature conditions.
• The hotel’s Green Team meets monthly with representatives from each department to ensure all of our GreenGlobe initiatives remain intact and/or above benchmark status. We are currently Silver Certified with EC3 which is the certification program for GreenGlobe.
• Batteries, paint, fluorescent bulbs, kitchen grease and all metals are recycled.
• All trash removal from the hotel is 50% recycled again through Athens Services.
• All men’s room urinals have been converted to waterless technology to save 40,000 gallons per urinal, per year.